Sherwood Therapy Services supports children and young people with Special Educational Needs (SEN). We work in partnership with the child/young person, their family/carers and the school to enable learning and engagement in school or college related activities in a practical and inclusive way. This includes:
- Direct intervention to address a learning need. This may be sensory integration therapy, hand writing support, IT support, intervention to develop self care skills including dressing, toileting and eating.
- Strategies to enable the child/young person to fully participate.
- The use of assitive technology to support learning.
- Environmental modification or strategies.
- Support and training for school staff regarding the child/young person's needs.
We are able to work with the child/young person and provide reports for Education, Health and Care Plans (EHC Plans) and expert representation for Tribunal hearings.